Saturday, June 18, 2005

Something wicked

Sorry for the recent lack of updates. Been busy, and I'll probably have to keep the updates shorter and more infrequent in the near future as well.

I really don't know anything about the band featured in today's update - Mayday. I picked up their 10" in Germany probably about seven or eight years ago. I don't know whether they ever put out anything else and I have absolutely no idea what became of them. All I have is this record, a four-song EP. It has the lyrics and a VA contact address printed on the back of the cover, so I assume that's where they were from (though if I remember correctly there is/was also a band with that name from somewhere in Scandinavia). Anyway, this is pretty brutal stuff. Think late-nineties Florida metal-core, a little like Ascension. Enjoy.

Mayday - Staplegun
Mayday - Vienna promises
Mayday - F(h)ollow
Mayday - Rust away

5 Comments:

Blogger An Attitude Exhumed said...

I saw these guys in the early 90's in Syracuse and was blown the fuck away. For that time, no one was really doing shit this metal, so it was kind of a nice breathe of fresh air. They managed to "metalized" songs, yet keep them very appealing for hardcore kid's ears. I miss bands like that!

As for a discography --

• Blood Endures The Soul, CD
• Lost In Sabbath, 7"
• Split w/ Integrity, 7"
• Staplegun, 10" (you own)

I have spoken to the guitar player in the past year, and he's doing a band in Virginia (whose name I have since forgotten). As for the rest of the dudes, no idea.

I came across the split w/ Integrity on eBay a few years back and picked it up (as an extra copy), so you might be able to still find it. The songs on that are the best songs they put out, by far.

Good luck in your hunting.

11:34 PM  
Blogger sabeth said...

thanks a bunch for the info! i'll see if i can find the older stuff somewhere ... though i actually have the split with integrity; i just forgot about it, heh. will have to give that a listen again.

12:25 PM  
Blogger An Attitude Exhumed said...

I can send you whatever you don't have/need if you want. Just let me know.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this post... Mayday was awesome, a great fucking band. The only other thing I can add here is that the singer Lance is/was a tattoo artist out of Orlando, FL - Devotion Tattoo (not sure what's up with that now as their site is no longer and I haven't seen him in a couple of years). I'm lucky enough to have gotten a beautiful dragon inked by him on my left forearm. I tried to talk him into forming a band at the time but he's not into it anymore. Pity...

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard about this "Blood Endures The Soul" CD... need more infos on that one!!! green.rage@web.de

The posted Discography is missing the

MAYDAY - the underdark (7") Vicious Circle Records 1992

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home